Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sourdough toast with Avocado, Poached Egg,
and Marinated Feta


This is what I had for dinner tonight. Usually, this is more of a breakfast type meal, but my day was hectic. We didn't eat til 7:30 which, is unusual for us. So, I wanted to just make something simple and yummy. And, everyone loves avocado right? Funny thing. Before I was pregnant with my first child, I HATED avocado. I am not a picky eater at all, but oh my gosh, did I hate avocado. I thought the texture was the weirdest thing ever, it freaked me out. Then, when I got pregnant, all I wanted was avocado. It was like a light flipped on, angels sang down from heaven, and from then on out, I loved it. 
Did you know the oldest record of avocado was dated back to 10,000 B.C. in Mexico? People loved avocado since forever! Did you also know it's just a big berry?

Recipe:

Sourdough Loaf
2 Avocados
1 Lemon
Olive Oil
Fresh Parlsey
Fresh Rosemary
Salt
2 Eggs
Feta Cheese
Balsamic Vinager
Fresh Thyme


Alright, so I first sliced up my bread and set it aside. Next, I got out my bowl and I sliced my avocados, added it to the bowl along with the juice of 1/2 lemon, some parsley and rosemary and some salt. I put it in the fridge to wait. 
In a little bowl, I added some olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and some thyme. I added some feta and put that in the fridge to marinate.
I got out a pot, and I boiled some water. This is when you poach the egg. Poaching eggs isn't easy, but this is the way I found easiest. When the water was boiling, I cracked an egg into a ladle. I gently lowered it into the water, turning the heat down so it was still hot but not boiling. I put it into the water, and waited for it to cook.You want it to look fluffy, like a cloud, but the yolk should be runny still. I did that with both eggs, separately.
I then scooped the avocado onto the toast, added the egg with some salt and pepper, and the side of cheese, and you're done!

-Danielle.

No comments:

Post a Comment