Thursday, October 25, 2012

Smoked Salmon Salad with Creme Fraiche


Hello! Yesterday for lunch, I was craving salmon. I didn't really feel like cooking, so I decided smoked salmon would do. I decided to make a creme fraiche with lemon and dill for a dressing on a smoked salmon salad.
Nom nom noms. Creme Fraiche is very easy to make! If you've never had it, the most similar thing I can compare it to is sour cream, but it's not sour cream. It's different. Creme Fraiche is really good to thicken sauces, because it handles high temperatures without splitting. 
Creme Fraiche originates in Normandy, but is now widely associated with French food. And making it is easy! All you need to do is get out a jar and add 1 cup whipping cream to 2 tablespoons buttermilk and combine well. Leave for 8- 24 hours at room temperature, and then refrigerate for up to 10 days. How easy is that?

Recipe:
  
Creme Fraiche
olive oil
lemon
dill
smoked salmon
arugula
cherry tomatoes

This one was easy, I just mixed the creme fraiche with a squeeze of lemon, a few shakes of dried dill and 1 teaspoon of olive oil and mixed it together, adding a bit of salt.
Then I put the arugula on a plate, some salmon, tomatoes, and a dollop of creme fraiche. Gah, I hate that word.."dollop".

Oh, and:


No comments:

Post a Comment